CDAC Industry Affiliates Program
Partnering with CDAC is a powerful opportunity to leverage faculty and student expertise to solve critical data science challenges. Members of our industry affiliates program are given unprecedented access to research, clinic research teams, professional education, and talent acquisition opportunities that can spur innovation on future trends and business challenges in the digital era.
UChicago Data Science Ecosystem
- 2,600+ CS undergraduate enrollments (including non-CS majors)
- 4 data, statistics, computing undergraduate major programs
- 9 data, statistics, computing master’s programs offered across 7 departments and schools
Faculty & Research
- 91 Nobel Prize winners
- $1.5B+ R&D budget (UC + national labs)
- 35 Computer Science faculty
- 21 Statistics faculty
Engage with the UChicago Clinic to solve data science challenges—and grow your team
The Data and Technology Clinic is an experiential project-based course where students work in teams as data scientists with real-world clients under the supervision of instructors. Affiliate members gain access to graduate-level student teams to work on data science projects, while students benefit from real world data science experience. Projects are integrated into a 10-week course with all deliverables overseen by the Clinic Director.
- Data-driven analysis, insights, and recommendations
- Original research and data analysis
- Software prototypes
- Validation of machine learning, deep learning, computer vision approaches
- Fresh perspectives from top computer science, statistics, and machine learning students
- Projects are tailored & scoped to address company objectives
- Increased awareness for company’s recruiting efforts at UChicago
- Teams (2-4 students) focus on providing actionable insight and business value from data
- Interdisciplinary teams include students from 5 graduate programs to solve complex problems from across the data science lifecycle
- Student teams are overseen by technical project managers and Clinic Director
- Projects are protected by a non-disclosure agreement and the sponsors retain rights to intellectual property developed by the team.
Invest in your team through data science professional education
Demand for professionals with expertise in machine learning, cybersecurity, and analytics is exploding. Designed for working professionals, CDAC professional education programs provide an opportunity to learn from world-renowned experts through innovative virtual certificate programs or intensive in-person courses. All courses are taught by University of Chicago faculty and managed by CDAC. Members will receive early access and discounted tuition on certificate programs.
Programs include topics such as:
- Machine Learning for Cybersecurity
- Augmented Reality & Human Computer Interaction
- Applications of Deep Learning
The CDAC industry affiliates program offers several levels of membership. To learn more please contact Julia Lane, Executive Director, Center for Data and Computing (CDAC), firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-834-2985.